Volunteer with Chiltern Chamber
Do you want to help make Chilterns a better place to do business? Then why not consider volunteering with the Chiltern Chamber of Commerce?
Approaching the last quarter of a busy 2015, the Chamber has exciting plans for 2016. These include extending and adding variety to our successful networking programme.
Perhaps you are a strategic thinker, with expertise to help set our vision and long term direction. Or a creative thinker, whose imagination can help deliver interesting events for our members. Or do you have technical expertise, maybe a whizz on communications and social media? Perhaps you simply enjoy getting out and about, meeting new people – the perfect profile of a Chamber Ambassador. Whatever your knowledge or experience, they can certainly be put to use on helping achieve the goals and objectives of the Chamber.
Whilst we welcome volunteers with any skills and experience, we are on the lookout especially for:
- Events Coordinators: The Chamber runs a successful programme of networking events. We have exciting plans for 2016, with more events and new formats. Creative thinkers with ideas for themes, speakers and events will be able to make a real impact. We are also regularly looking for help with registration and hosting.
- Communications and Social Media development: The Chamber needs to be a vital conduit of information for the business community. If you enjoy spending your time online, again you can make an immediate impact by helping develop an active business community in our LinkedIn and Twitter groups. Become a group ambassador to help moderate discussions, post interesting resources, and keep a sharp eye out for shameless self-promotion and trolls!
- Experienced Strategic Thinkers: at our monthly Committee meetings, we discuss various matters including the latest economic developments in the Chiltern District. In addition to business owners and senior employees, our committee includes two appointed Councillor representatives from each of the Amersham and Chesham Town Councils. Feedback from these meetings helps to set the direction of the Chamber on behalf our membership.
Whilst giving to the Chamber and the community, you will certainly receive benefits in return. These include:
- Raise your business and personal profile.
- Contribute your knowledge and skills in a valuable and meaningful way. Make a difference.
- Develop new knowledge and skills.
- Make contacts, meet new people, build friendships.
- Gain insights into the local business scene.
- Gain personal satisfaction from helping build a strong and vibrant business community.
- …and we can also promise you fun along the way!
YOU decide the hours you would like to volunteer: join the Committee, become an Ambassador, or contribute a few hours when you can.
Giving and receiving is very rewarding! It’s a life cycle!