Local Food & Drink Evening
Event Date : Wednesday April 8th 2015
Speaker : Various local businesses
Time and Venue : 6-8pm Cotteswood showroom, 14 Hill Avenue, Amersham-on-the-Hill, Buckinghamshire HP6 5BW
Event Type : Networking, social
Cost : Free, but MUST register - spaces limited
Chiltern Chamber’s April networking event featured a variety of local food and drink businesses, each bringing their wares for sampling, and giving us an insight into their unique businesses and products.
- Mimi Harker brought her delicious and highly versatile Mimi’s Marvellous Mixers chutneys and sauces, based on original recipes from her grandmother.
- Steve Bateman of Hazeldene Farm gave a fascinating insight into the rare breeds raised on the farm. These include traditional Hereford cattle, of which only 1000 now survive; Oxford Down sheep (only around 1500 ewes alive); British Lop pigs, the rarest of native pigs, and various rare breed chickens including the Marsh Daisy. Visitors to the farm can see these rare breeds, and enjoy the tea shop and farm shop.
- Franca van den Bout explained how Chiltern Ridge Apple Juice can take your own apples and turn them into your personal supply of delicious apple juice to last you through the next year – 60-80 kilos of apples will guarantee your own unique vintage!
- Tim Coles of Coles Trading brought a fridge full of imported Gallia beers, Loic Raison ciders and Pimento ginger beer.
- Anne Scott of Auberge du Chocolat organised a chocolate tasting session, with insight into the different properties of chocolate from around the globe.
The evening was hosted fittingly by Chamber member Cotteswood, and Jennifer O’Neill and Fiona Knight were on hand to show members around their elegant showroom.